ReDiscover's Show Me Zero Suicide
ADULT SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM
Suicide Is 100% Preventable
The Show Me Zero Suicide Initiative is a collaboration among behavioral health providers to drastically reduce suicides and suicide attempts in adults ages 25 and older by focusing on prevention and early intervention. The initiative has special emphasis on clients who are at higher risk for suicide.
How Does the Program Work?
1. At the request of a hospital or in response to a crisis call, the Show Me Zero Suicide team is contacted.
2. With permission from the client the suicide prevention case manager will:
- immediately help stabilize the client
- explain the Show Me Zero Suicide Initiative
- perform an assessment
3. The case manager will provide a bridge to services including: short-term intensive case management, connection to long-term care and supports that promote self-care.
- Improve the system of care for suicidal adults who use hospital emergency rooms, in-patient psychiatric facilities and/or crisis hotlines.
- Improve the capacity of the college systems to identify, respond, and refer adults at risk of suicide
- Enhance and expand early intervention and prevention efforts on college campuses
- Strengthen overall prevention efforts for at-risk adult populations in other settings
- Training and outreach to adult serving organizations where adults frequent.
- Screening, referral and follow up to adults referred, including identifying and locating adults who are not in college.
- Adults ages 25 or older
- Reside in Jackson or Cass county
- Chronic suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- High utilization of ECP
- Does not qualify for HDI or 3700
- Client needs required intensive interventions to assist with stability and safety
- Client is not already receiving case management services
Contact Our Team
- Phone: (816) 988.2780
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Phone: 1(800) 273.8255
Zero Adult Suicide Program Location
ReDiscover's Fearon Building
901 NE Independence Ave.
Lee's Summit, MO 64086