ReDiscover's Show Me Zero Suicide
ADULT SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM
Suicide Is 100% Preventable
The Show Me Zero Suicide Initiative is a collaboration among behavioral health providers to drastically reduce suicides and suicide attempts in adults ages 25 and older by focusing on prevention and early intervention. The initiative has a special emphasis on clients who are at higher risk for suicide.
How Does the Program Work?
1. At the request of a hospital or in response to a crisis call, the Show Me Zero Suicide team is contacted.
2. With permission from the client the suicide prevention case manager will:
- immediately help stabilize the client
- explain the Show Me Zero Suicide Initiative
- perform an assessment
3. The case manager will provide a bridge to services including: short-term intensive case management, connection to long-term care and supports that promote self-care.
- Improve the system of care for suicidal adults who use hospital emergency rooms, in-patient psychiatric facilities and/or crisis hotlines.
- Improve the capacity of the college systems to identify, respond, and refer adults at risk of suicide
- Enhance and expand early intervention and prevention efforts on college campuses
- Strengthen overall prevention efforts for at-risk adult populations in other settings
- Training and outreach to adult serving organizations where adults frequent.
- Screening, referral and follow up to adults referred, including identifying and locating adults who are not in college.
- Adults ages 25 or older
- Reside in Jackson or Cass county
- Chronic suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- High utilization of ECP
- Does not qualify for HDI or 3700
- Client needs required intensive interventions to assist with stability and safety
- Client is not already receiving case management services
Contact Our Team
- Phone: (816) 988-2780
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Phone: 1(800) 273-8255
Zero Adult Suicide Program Location
ReDiscover's Fearon Building
901 NE Independence Ave.
Lee's Summit, MO 64086